Having traveled to Vancouver a lot and then eventually moving to the beautiful city I have had the pleasure to rent a lot of cars and still to this day I rent cars for fun. Vancouver is a beautiful city and it’s located on the West cost of British Columbia right on the Pacific Ocean. Vancouver has lot to offer travellers and also to people that live in this great city. Some attractions you have to check out when are: rent a car ras al khaimah
- Stanley Park – Location in Downtown Vancouver
- China Town – Located in the heart of the city
- Grouse Mountain – Located on the North Shore
- Cypress Mountain – Located as well on the North Shore
- Whistler – Located 2 hours North of Vancouver up the Sea to Sky highway.
Here are 3 VERY important tips when renting a car in Vancouver or anyplace in the world:
- Online Reservations – make sure you can rent online and I will tell you why. When you rent online you can choose the options you want with out being pressured by a sales person and don’t have to feel bad when you say no. We all hate saying no so doing it this way saves you from having to feel pressured. As well when you rent online you save a lot of time when you get to the car rental agency. You just show them your confirmation number and then they process the order and hand the keys over. It saves a lot of time and you will have more time to start touring the city.
- The Extras you should purchase – There’s a lot of extras you can purchase when renting your car and the two i swear by are extra insurance and a GPS. Extra insurance will save you a lot of money if you ever get into an accident or someone hits you in a parking lot. It’s happened to me before and I had to spend a lot of money to get the car fixed. The GPS is a must if you are new to the city. You will be able to get around without having to ask for directions or having to carry a map around. The GPS is just great and will save fights between you and the people travelling with you in the car.
- Reading the fine print – Who all just skims the fine print and then just sign on the dotted line? I would probably say a lot of you. Well i used to until i got dinged with a lot of extra fees on my credit car. I straight away phoned and question the extra charges and all they said to me was “you signed the Terms and Conditions and all the extra’s were in there”. I had to accept it and now I read and then try to work a deal with them to wave some of the extras fees and 9 times out of 10 they wave them. Some fo the extra fees are if you don’t return the car with a full tank of gas they will charge you the difference it cost them to fill the car up but the thing is they charge like $3.50 a liter of gas!! WOW.. That is a lot and it can add up if you left them with 1/4 tank of gas.